Trash pick-up is currently contracted with Champions Industries, Inc. Our contract schedule is:
- Weekly pickup days are Tuesday and Friday for household garbage, which must be visible from the street. Any yard debris, a reasonable number of cans (other than household garbage), bundles, or plastic bags should be taken to the curb. Please bag or bundle (tie up) all yard debris to prevent it from going into the street.
- Items should be available for collection by 7 a.m.
- No trash is to be placed curbside before 6 p.m. on the evening before scheduled pickup (as noted in our Deed Restrictions). Please be respectful of your neighbors and follow this guideline.
- Bulky waste will be picked up if placed at the curb on any pickup of the week. The limit on bulky waste shall be one item per week, 15 bags or bundles of tree limbs and yard waste per service day, not exceeding 45 pounds in weight per item. All branches and tree trimmings are restricted to maximum diameter of three inches per branch, must not exceed four feet in length and must be securely tied in bundles not weighing more than forty (40) pounds per bundle.
- Building materials, rocks, large tree limbs should be negotiated between Champions Industries and the homeowner. Call Champions Industries to schedule pickup.
- Recognized Holidays: New Year’s Day, Memorial Day, Independence Day, Labor Day, Thanksgiving Day, and Christmas Day. When the regular pick-up day falls on a holiday, pick-up will be made the next regular service day.
- Items that CANNOT be collected by Champions Industries since they are restricted by law and/or may cause damage to the collection equipment are paint, solvents, cross ties, tires, petroleum products, pool chemicals, fertilizer, herbicides, pesticides, hazardous materials/chemicals, logs or stumps, car batteries, soil, rocks, concrete, medical waste, medical sharps and closed containers. Visit http://cleanwaterways.org/HHW/collection.html to find the Harris County drop-off events for household hazardous waste. The events are typically held during the spring and fall season and are free to all residents of Harris County.
Heavy Trash Collection Guidelines
Heavy Trash can be placed curbside on Fridays. Bulk Items are defined as: small pieces of furniture, washers, dryers, water heaters, stoves and white goods (appliances) which are properly tagged with “Freon Removed”.
Refrigeration Units: Refrigerators, air conditioners, freezers or items that contain CFC’s (Freon), by law, must have the gas removed by a licensed technician and be red tagged prior to collection. A licensed technician is someone that deals with these types of units and can remove the Freon from the unit. After they remove the Freon, they must place a tag on the item indicating their business information, the date the Freon was removed, etc. and then the item can be placed curbside for removal. Most local repair facilities with licensed technicians can aid you with this process.
While we have one of the best vendors in the Houston area and at the most reasonable rate, there are instances where some patience and understanding on the part of the resident is necessary. The Houston area has only two refuse dumps; the nearest to Champions is 25 miles away. Because of this, there are times when only a portion of an excessive trash load can be taken from a residence on a regular trash day. Your consideration of these problems will be appreciated, but surely no severe hardship to our residents is intended or necessary.
Please call Champions Industries, Inc. directly at (281) 587-1960 for general questions or issues. If you have continued service issues, please call the CCIA Maintenance Director for additional help.
Champions Industries, Inc.
13135 Champions Dr, Suite 106
Houston, Tx 77069
Office: (281) 587-1960
Customer Service <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Residential Recycling & Refuse of Texas, Inc. provides recycling services for residents who sign up on an individual basis. No contract is required. Recycling is picked up every Friday and items should be available for collection by 7 a.m.
- Recycled items: Glass, Cardboard, Plastics 1-7, Paper, Thin Plastics, Tin/Aluminum Cans
- Cost: $14 per month plus tax (billed quarterly)
- One Time Set Up Fee $15.00 ( plus sales tax-includes delivery of 18-gallon recycling bin)
- To Sign up: complete recycling set-up form and return to Residential Recycling
- E-mail: email@example.com
- Phone: 346-248-5222
- Mail: P.O. Box 1969 Tomball, TX 77377
- Conserve Natural Resources
- Conserve Energy
- Saves water
- Reduces air pollution and greenhouse gas emissions
- Saves Landfill Space
- Saves Money
- Creates Jobs
- Convenient - No need to separate - More Items